Assistance with Provincial Programs
Jim and his staff are here to help
Jim's constituency offices in Collingwood and Alliston are meant to provide help to the residents of Simcoe-Grey who are experiencing difficulties with provincial agencies or who have questions about the way their provincial government works.
Any Simcoe-Grey constiutent can call, write, or email Jim's office about a problem with a provincial agency. The problems addressed by Jim and his staff range from routine to complex.
They can resolve communication problems and paperwork glitches, or they can bring a problem to the attention of the appropriate government ministry.
Some of the issues dealt with in an MPPs office include include:
- Certificates and Greetings from the Province of Ontario for special events
- Information on bills before the Legislature
- Help cutting through provincial red tape
- Birth Certificate inquiries
- GAINS (tax credits for disabled persons and seniors)
- Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
- Education issues
- Family benefits
- Family services
- Family Responsibility Office
- Ontario Works
- Seniors Issues
- Health care
- Small Business Issues
- Preparation and distribution of petitions for the Ontario Legislature
- Information on provincial government programs
Frequently Asked Questions: